Welcome to the Paley Institute at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida!
The Paley Institute offers patients and visiting surgeons the most technologically advanced limb lengthening and deformity correction treatments available in the world today!
Dr. Paley has dedicated his career to improving the lives of children and adults who suffer from a wide variety of complex congenital, developmental, and post-traumatic orthopedic conditions. In 1986 he journeyed to Kurgan, Western Siberia, where Dr. Gavriil Ilizarov was using external fixators to treat patients with difficult orthopedic problems. His innovation and forward thinking were the impetus behind Dr. Paley's dream of dedicating his entire practice to this type of work.
Dr. Paley was the first North American to practice the Ilizarov Method and since then has developed over 100 surgical procedures and treated more than 11,000 patients from across the nation and around the world.
In 2009 Dr. Paley opened the Paley Institute at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. The Paley Institute is unique in that it is a center dedicated exclusively to limb lengthening and the treatment of complex orthopedic conditions.
The goal of this website is to supply patients and families with a guide that will provide comprehensive, accurate, and consistent information regarding all aspects of care here at the Paley Institute. This will not only empower the patient and their family, but it will also give them the necessary information and support to do all that is needed to reach the optimum goal.
We look forward to helping you whether you are a potential new patient, a family member reading about us for the first time, a longstanding patient, or a health professional. We welcome your questions. We value your concerns. We invite you to Contact Us.
Our mission is to provide the best care to patients with bone and joint conditions, from minor fractures to the most complicated limb or spine deformities. As the world leaders in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, we provide patients with the most advanced, innovative treatments customized to their individual needs. We are committed to raising the standard and outcome of orthopedic surgery worldwide.
For over 30 years we have been providing exceptional healthcare to patients from all over the nation and around the world. Let us provide you with the care that you deserve.
The Paley Foundation
The Paley Foundation was founded to further Dr. Paley's mission of transforming the lives of children and adults who suffer from rare and challenging congenital, developmental and post-traumatic orthopedic conditions throughout the United States and the world.
In carrying out our mission, we strive to:
- Provide highly specialized, pioneering techniques to a wider range of children and adults who suffer from rare and neglected bone diseases, limb deficiencies and skeletal abnormalities.
- Promote public awareness of Dr. Dror Paley’s innovative medical procedures throughout the medical community, and to those who are afflicted.
- Educate and mentor orthopedic surgeons worldwide in the application of advanced techniques.
- Ease the trauma and burden of treatment on children and families by providing logistical assistance and support.
The funds from the Paley Foundation are used in a variety ways to further Dr. Paley’s commitment to “Saving Limbs, Changing Lives.”
Funds from the Foundation are allocated to:
- Ease the financial burden on patients by assisting them with supplemental expenses related to treatment including travel, housing and durable medical equipment.
- Purchase adaptive equipment such as spica cast car seats to loan to families.
- Support research and educational programming.
- Fund medical mission trips to developing countries.
For more information, please visit the Paley Foundation website.