Anthony Giuffrida, MD
Dr. Giuffrida, brings his expertise as a board-certified fellowship-trained expert in interventional spine and pain management to the team at Cantor Spine Center at The Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Dr. Giuffrida focuses on alleviating a patient’s pain with noninvasive and technologically advanced methods. He always aims for long-lasting, holistic wellness, avoiding surgery and addictive medications.
Dr. Giuffrida attended medical school at State University of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse and completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Albany Medical Center in New York. Dr. Giuffrida is board-certified with the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Giuffrida is groundbreaking in his solutions for patients suffering from conditions such as back and neck pain as well as problems affecting muscles, tendons, joints, and nerves. Some of his treatment techniques include steroid and ultrasound-guided injections, spinal cord stimulators, and radiofrequency ablation to alleviate pain. Dr. Giuffrida is one of the sole practitioners to offer a new minimally invasive treatment, on the spectrum between conservative and surgical, for both spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease.
When meeting with a patient, Dr. Giuffrida explores new options that are highly personalized and focuses on overall wellness. This may include nutrition changes, various therapies, and the most noninvasive solutions possible. Dr. Giuffrida is highly immersed in the advancement of regenerative medicine, focusing on platelet-rich plasma injections, which uses a patient's healing system to alleviate musculoskeletal issues.
Dr. Giuffrida is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and the Spine Intervention Society.
A former collegiate pitcher and longtime sports fan, Dr. Giuffrida connects with his patients over the importance of treating an injury and the smooth road to wellness. He is welcoming new patients seeking spinal pain relief at the Cantor Spine Center at The Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Areas of Interest
- Neck Pain
- Sciatic Pain
- Pain Management
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
- Spinal Compression Fractures
- SI Joint Dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Joint Pain
Education & Training
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Albany Medical Center
Alabama Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine Associates / Andrews Institute
Interventional Sport and Spine Fellowship
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- Broward Imperial
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Memorial Pembroke
- Spine Intervention Society
- Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Pain and Neuroscience
- North American Spine Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- International Neuromodulation Society
- Best Practice Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vertebrogenic Pain with Basivertebral Nerve Ablation from the American Society of Pain and Neuroscience
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Management of Thoracic Ossification of the Ligamentum Flavum Associated with X-linked Hypophosphatemia0
- Hereditary X-Linked Hypophosphatemia and Thoracic Myelopathy